We are living in a time where we want results by putting in the least amount of work possible...or to put it in a more positive light... we want to simplify things as much as possible! Can you blame us?
When it comes to your skincare routine you just can't half-ass it! It takes serious consistent commitment to be a glow-getter!
Let's chat about ways to MAXIMIZE your night time skincare routine so that your saving time, following the right steps and getting the results you deserve!
Here are 10 Ways to Maximize your PM Skincare Routine:
1. Pre-cleansing.Double cleansing involves using a cleansing oil, balm or micellar water to break down makeup, SPF and sebum on the surface of your skin first, then following it with a deeper cleanse. This removes sweat, bacteria and old skin cells which then allows your cleanser to do its job and truly cleanse your skin...not just remove your makeup. We love using micellar water with a cotton pad (try to use re-usable cotton pads if you can) or a cleansing balm with our scrubby buddycleansing pad.
2.Exfoliate. By now you probably all know how important exfoliating is but it causes havoc if you're doing this step too often. You have to listen to your skin. Something that's right at one moment can shift over time. The best thing to do is to assess your skin. Does it have dry flaky patches? Does it look dull? Do you see a lot of blackheads? Listen and adapt.
3.Use a cleansing tool.Luckily using a cleansing tool doesn't add any extra time onto your routine, it just maximizes your cleansing benefits! Our BFF tool uses sonic vibrations to boost circulation and build collagen all while getting a deep cleanse with its silicone bristles.
4. Face massage. Is your skin looking dull? Just like our bodies, our face holds tension that also needs to be released. Unlike a full body massage, a facial massage only takes a couple of minutes and you can easily DIY with your Hands, The BFF, or Gua Sha tool. For a video on how to use The BFF to massage your face watch the video below!
5.Layer products properly. Spending your paychecks on skincare can sometimes hurt, but hey its an investment! It's important to layer products properly so that you're not wasting your time or money. Skincare products should be applied according to the weight of its formula. This means lighter products like essences and toners go first, and heavier products, like serum, moisturizers and eye creams go last for proper absorption.
6.Makeup Wipes. This option is a backup! Make sure to have makeup wipes on hand just in case your gonna skip out on your routine. We're all human it happens but there is always repercussions aka a breakout! The easiest way to get all the grime from the day off is to use a wipe that also has moisturizers in them. Derma Ehas great options that are also vegan and cruelty-free.
7. Schedule it in. If we don't make time for what's important in life it gets left behind. Be sure to schedule in your skincare routine in the evenings so that you know it's going down every night. When you don't schedule it in you end up half-assing it and rushing to get it done. Your night time routine should be relaxing, it's a time to connect with self and decompress from a long day. Its the time of day we look most forward to at Holistic Beauties.
8. Face Masks. Anyone can benefit from adding a face mask to their skincare routine. The key is finding the right face mask for you. Do you have dry skin, oily skin, sensitive skin or aging skin? There is a face mask for just about everything! Face masks provide deep nourishment for the skin, so why does this step get left behind? Because it takes time. The best thing to do is apply your face mask and read a book, do your homework or even fold the laundry. This step is crucial and will play a massive role in getting the skin of your dreams.
9. Drink a glass of water. Having a glass of water before you go to bed helps replenish the fluids it looses throughout the day from normal activity. Since your body is mostly water, you need to keep it hydrated in order to function at optimum levels. When your dehydrated lines are more aparent and your skin will lack that glow! So drink up beauties!
10. Use a humidifier.There is nothing worse then a dry space (especially for your skin). A humidifier is the perfect tool for adding more hydration to your skin. Turn it on before you sleep and it will pump moisture into the air, which your skin will soak up while you sleep. Easy right?
I can go on and on with more tips but I'll save them for another post! Please leave a comment and let me know if these tips helped you in any way or if there was something I missed. As always I appreciate your feedback.
Shop with us today and see the Holistic Beauties difference!
The 100% No-Risk Promise
Order right now with confidence!
Try our Products out for 60 days and if it doesn’t work for you, you’ll get your money back! There’s absolutely no-risk in giving it a try. No questions asked, you can get your money back!
What people are saying about us...
Perfect for on the go
Spacious bag, perfect for finding make up quickly on the go.
Perfect for everyday use
I love that you can put only essentials in the bag and keep it in your purse or you can use it as a travel bag and just adjust the size.
These are THE products I've been waiting for all my life. After two months of using the BFF instead of my Clarisonic, my skin is so clear and I frequently need less makeup on my face! SO SO HAPPY!
This is probably my best purchase on holistic beauties to date. i am so in love with this product i can't imagine my life without it. Being a germaphobe I love the fact that bacteria can’t grow and i'm already seeing amazing results in 1 week!