Gua Sha is a technique that involves gently pulling a crystal tool along the skin, stimulating all of its layers. Having stood the test of time, and being passed down for centuries from ancient Chinese Empresses to the modern day goddess.
Gua Sha is a holistic treatment that:
- clarifies your complexion
- decreases dryness and oiliness by increasing blood circulation.
- lightens age spots and skin discolorations
- reduces eye and facial puffiness
- address the root of aging that topical products cannot
- helps move the lymphatic fluid while giving an almost immediate lift and radiant glow.
There are so many amazing beauty benefits when it comes to the Gua-Sha, but there are also many benefits for the mind which is overlooked and not talked about as much.
So I wanted to go over 5 Reasons Why Gua-Sha Is A Healing, Beauty Ritual:
1. Grounding Technique. When you are grounded, you are aware of what’s happening in the moment. You are energetically connected to the earth. Your feet feel the ground beneath them. You sense a physical and energetic connection between all of your body parts: your head feels connected to your neck, your neck feels connected to your torso, and so on. When properly grounded, you can more easily handle emotional issues (your own or someone else’s) with self-possession and awareness. Grounding techniques such as Gua-Sha can be helpful in managing overwhelming feelings or intense anxiety. It can help someone to regain their mental focus from an often intensely emotional state.
2. Clears Blockages. It is believed that gua sha clears blockages in meridian channels. The idea of the meridian channel is central to Chinese medicine. The meridian channels connect the organs together and transport blood and chi, one of the basic elements of life. The meridian channels need to be clear for the body’s organs to work together harmoniously and for human blood and chi to flow properly in the body. Each channel is connected to one organ or a set of organs. If the organ is not functioning correctly, the channel is blocked, and vice versa. Gua sha can clear the meridian channel of blockages by stroking along it. Through physical stimulation of the channels, gua sha makes the corresponding organs function correctly again